Support services for refugee students from Ukraine

Mittweida University of Applied Sciences (HSMW) enables students and prospective students who have fled from Ukraine to start or continue their studies at HSMW.

Study options

Students from all Ukrainian universities who speak German at C1 level, can

Students from all Ukrainian universities who speak little or no German, can

Ukrainians from all Ukrainian universities who have graduated from a Ukrainian secondary school but are not enrolled at a Ukrainian university, can

Students from all Ukrainian universities who do not fulfil the language requirements but already have a high level of language proficiency, can

  • apply as exchange students. Exchange students can participate in all HSMW courses and earn ECTS. During the first semester, students work independently to obtain a language certificate. In the following semester, they can transfer to the full-time programme.


The application for a degree program is possible via the campus portal. The application service for internationals provides information about the application procedure.

The application for an FSP course or a DSH course is made through the preparatory college. The preparatory college informs prospective students about the admission requirements and all other organisational matters.

The application as an exchange student is possible via the application portal moveon. You can find more information about the application process on the website of the International Office.

Support offers

The International Office, together with Student Services, provides organisational support for students affected by the war.

The Social Contact Office of the HSMW acts as a central point of contact for psychosocial help and advice. After contacting the office by E-Mail, it refers students to suitable contact persons and psychosocial counselors.